August 7-9*, 2020 (Fri, Sat, Sun*)
August 13-15, 2020 (Thu, Fri, Sat)
Grand Opera House, Pierre, SD
Doors Open at 7 p.m., Performance at 7:30 p.m.
*Sunday Matinee Doors Open at 1:30 p.m., Performance at 2 p.m.
Tickets On Sale: July 27, 2020
Learn more about season memberships or individual ticket prices
Preview Performance: August 5, 2020, 7:30 p.m.
Preview tickets are $5 at the door.
Comedy by Karen Zacarias
Director Alisa DeMers Bousa
Assistant Director Michele Beeler
Gardens and cultures clash, turning friendly neighbors into feuding enemies in this hilarious comedy of good intentions and bad manners. Pablo, a high-powered lawyer, and doctoral candidate Tania, his very pregnant wife, are realizing the American dream when they purchase a house next door to community stalwarts Virginia and Frank. But a disagreement over a long-standing fence line soon spirals into an all-out war of taste, class, privilege and entitlement. The hilarious results guarantee no one comes out smelling like a rose.
Tania: Shelby Bergeson
Pablo: Andrew Yaeger
Virginia: Keri Muntefering
Frank: Bill Bossman
Landscapers: Chad Muntefering and Angel Nunez-Ceron
Surveyor/Building Examiner: LaTrisha Schindler
Health & Safety Precautions
- All audience members and volunteers will be required to wear masks.
- To observe social distancing, two empty seats will be kept between each group of patrons. This will limit seating to one-third of the theater capacity. To ensure seating, please call early to make your reservation as we may not have sufficient seating to accommodate walk-ins.
- Patrons are encouraged to purchase and pick up tickets before the performance to reduce congestion in the Box Office.
- Theater seats and high-touch items will be sanitized after each show.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the lobby and Box Office.
- There will be no intermission, and the concession stand will only be open before the performance.
- Only the bathrooms in the Box Office will be available for use.
Native Gardens is presented by special arrangement with Samuel French.